Kathie’s Success Story Losing 63 Pounds with Weight Watchers

Name Kathie
Age 41
Height 5’4″
Was 187.6 lbs
Lost 63.3 lbs*
Weight 124.3 lbs

 “ Now I feel better than I did in my 20s! ”
Kathie, a busy stay-at-home mom couldn’t cram Weight Watchers meetings into her already packed schedule, so she subscribed to Weight Watchers Online to lose 25 pounds before her 40th birthday. Now, more than 60 pounds lighter, she’s in better shape than she was at 30!

In Kathie’s words: I was in shape in high school but when I went to college, I gained the freshmen 30. I took it off pretty easily, but then getting married and having kids, I kept putting the weight on. At first I kept denying it to myself saying, “This is just the way it’s going to be.” Years later what inspired me to get started with Weight Watchers was a simple photograph. I remember thinking at the time that I was wearing a really cute outfit. But in the photo I could see how large I’d actually gotten. That’s when I decided I needed to do something.


It was the year of my 40th birthday so beginning in January, I asked a friend’s advice who had been on Weight Watchers and had been successful. She said the new year was a great time to start, so I gave myself a goal of my 40th birthday to hopefully lose about 25 pounds.

Making changes For the first time I was actually being accountable for what went in my mouth, which is what I was scared of all along. A big part of the Plan is actually thinking about eating instead of eating without thinking. That was really what resonated for me and my family. We switched up the types of meats we were buying and focused a lot more on portion control. I thought it was challenging at first but it ended up being the little changes that made all the difference.

Fitting in fitness I kept my fitness level pretty much the same at the beginning because I’d been working out about 3 days a week already. But as the weight started coming off, I increased it because I felt better, physically. Working out became increasingly more important to me so I started walking more and fitting in weight training.

Why Online? My husband travels for work and I’m a stay-at-home mom with three kids, so Weight Watchers meetings really weren’t possible for my schedule. Everything about the Online program just works for me. I’m able to track on my iPad anywhere I go. I love that!

eTools addict Fitting the Plan in as a busy mom of three with sports, and school and housework is a lot easier than I thought it would be. The eTools that they give you Online make it really easy to plan family meals. I love the Recipe Genie because you can just plug in the ingredients that you have in the kitchen and recipe ideas pop right up. The barbecue chicken chili has become a huge hit with my kids. I love that they enjoy healthier foods now. Once you get started, staying on Plan becomes second nature.
I also love the Healthy Checks. I like being able to check off my water each time I have a glass. I’m a little bit addicted to the Tracker now. Every time I eat or drink something I sit down and make sure I track it.

Using the app I track on my iPad, which has been one of the major factors of my success. I have the Weight Watchers Kitchen Companion and the Weight Watchers PointPlus Tracker on there, so I can track all my food, liquid, and activity. I can search for recipes and look up foods no matter where I am. If I tell my children I need to use the iPad, even if they’re playing games, they’ll click right on the Weight Watchers icon and hand it right to me!

This Plan hasn’t only taught me to cook better, but my daughter has now started to pay more attention to what she’s eating. She’s a very picky eater and now loves trying new recipes. My son is now in love with refried beans! It’s great to open their eyes to new ingredients. Everything I’m cooking now I know is good for them. And I know that’s going to help them in the long run.

Ready for Paris One of my biggest motivations on top of turning 40 was a trip to Paris to see my husband’s family. They had never seen me thin, so that really kept me on track. I knew when I got there that I was going to want to eat the pastries. I love bread and cheese and that was one of my downfalls before I was on Plan. So I looked on the site and checked out the Portion Primer. So when we got to Paris and all the bread and cheese was laid out, those portions were in the back of my mind. I didn’t even think twice about enjoying the foods I love, I just did it in moderation.

The best part I’d say the best part about being 60 pounds lighter is feeling better turning the big 4-0 than I ever thought I would. I feel better than I did in my 20s and 30s! It’s also putting the fun back in shopping and accepting that I like the way I look for the first time in a very long time.

I’d tell anybody who’s thinking about subscribing to Weight Watchers Online but not sure if they could handle the program, that it’s so much easier that you think. Just start it. Everything you fear about tracking and not wanting to face what you’re eating, I was there. But once I accepted it and really focused, I loved it. It’s the best and most successful program you can use because it teaches you a lifestyle and not just a quick fix.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis