30 Weight Loss Tips From Women Who Have Lost 100 Pounds

11. Double down on veggies if you’re unsatisfied after eating a snack or meal. “If I’m still hungry, I turn to vegetables rather than junk food.”

12. Pack snacks for late nights at work. “At my heaviest weight, my downfall was eating fast food on my way home from work at 9:30 or 10 p.m. Now I bring food and snacks to work so when I get home, I’m not starving and feel more in control.”

13. Say no to free refills. “I used to drink diet and regular pop regularly — restaurants gave me refill after refill, and I would lose track of how much I drank. Now I ask for water instead of pop, which I’ve given up altogether.”

14. Don’t stock foods that tempt you. “I don’t keep ice cream in the house because I can’t say stop myself from going back for more helpings. This way, I have to go out and buy a single-serving ice cream cone when I want to indulge. Even then, it’s just one helping, and then I’m done.”

15. Move during your lunch break. “During my lunch, I’ll walk on the treadmill at work or outside for 30 to 40 minutes.”

16. Stash snacks everywhere. “I carry meal replacement or protein bars in my purse and car to eat whenever I miss a meal. This way, I fend off hunger so I don’t overeat later.”

17. Eat more often. “I switched from three meals a day to six small meals a day.”

18. Split restaurant meals with a friend. “When I share meals, I end up eating smaller portions without being tempted by leftovers on my plate. If I don’t have a person to split a meal with, I immediately put half of the portion I’m served into a takeout box, and vow not to pick at it for at least two days.”
19. Lift weights to lose weight. “While cardio has helped me burn fat, power-lifting has been such a huge part of my success: Lifting heavy weights with a trainer really helped me sculpt my body. After about four months of training, I was able to squat holding 360 pounds — 25 pounds more than I weighed when I began my weight loss journey.”

Next: 1      2      3

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis