WEIGHT WATCHERS WEEKLY MEAL PLAN #65 WITH SMARTPOINTS!

WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S WEIGHT WATCHER’S MEAL PLAN!

I can’t believe I’ve been writing up these weekly meal plans now for well over a year. After 63+ weeks of providing Weight Watchers meal plans I’m ready to take a break for a while. The time seems right as I continue to focus on my Vacation 52 Challenge! I don’t meal plan on vacation, do you? Because these meal plan posts are so popular, I’ll continue to share a plan for what I would eat if I wasn’t on vacation every once in a while.
If eating better and losing weight are part of your plan for 2016, I suggest you check out Weight Watchers new Program, Beyond the Scale and SmartPoints. It’s their healthiest, most holistic plan yet. And if you need more inspiration here are 63+ weeks of meal plans to help.
We are working as quickly as we can to run our recipes through the WW Recipe Builder to calculate the new SmartPoints values and load them into this nifty Recipe Search Table for you.
We want to do all that we can to support you in reaching your goals.
Every Saturday for the past 15 months I have shared Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans with Points and Recipes here on Simple Nourished Living. They include what I’m planning to have for breakfastlunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
Meal times so much easier when I’ve taken the time to think about what I’m cooking and eating ahead of time. With the shopping done and weight watchers recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking.
I don’t always stick to my plan one hundred percent. Life happens. But, it helps to have a rough guide and prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or bag of chips too often. Whoever said that failing to plan was planning to fail was spot on!

THE BENEFITS OF COOKING AT HOME MORE

Since I like to cook I may be biased, but I’ve always believed that the food you cook for yourself is essentially good for you. Taking the time to cook for yourself is a supremely nourishing act of kindness…
And mindfulness. When I step into the kitchen and begin to cook I lose myself in the process, becoming completely focused in the simple acts of chopping, mixing, stirring, smelling and tasting. It gives me pleasure and keeps me grounded and connected to myself, my family and the world.

MY OVERALL WEIGHT WATCHERS MEAL PLAN STRATEGY

Even when you like to cook, it can be the last thing you want to do at the end of a long day. I’ve found that the key is to keep things simple. Just reading many of the meal plan programs out there suggesting a different breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day are enough to make me run from the kitchen screaming. Are you kidding me? Who cooks like that? Not me or anyone I know.
I’ve experimented with many of the sophisticated meal planning programs out there, but I’ve never been able to make them work for me. Yellow sticky notes and iPhone lists are more my speed.
As a creature of habit, I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home each week. And because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again or transform somehow. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If we end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too. It’s a process that gets easier with practice.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEEKLY MEAL PLAN (WEEK #65)

From here on out I’ll be providing SmartPoints (SP) values instead of PointsPlus.
I will be focusing on soups through the seasons in 2016. As I have mentioned time and time again, soup is my go to food when I need to get my eating back into balance. There are lots of studies that show the magical ability of soup to help with weight loss. It can fill you up and help you feel satisfied on fewer calories. Have a wonderful week and remember to take the time to cook something healthy and delicious for yourselves, dear friends!
Breakfast
A large mug of Decaf Coffee (0SP) and:
This week I’m going to have a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and:
1. Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal (10SP) with fruit (0PP) (I’m going to experiment with adding blueberries to the recipe.)
2. Low Fat Cottage Cheese (3SP) with fruit (0PP) (I like canned pineapple.)
Lunch
1.  Creamy CrockPot Cauliflower Potato Soup (2SP) with sliced deli Turkey (2 ounces – 1 SP) Lettuce (0SP) Wraps
2. Leftovers
Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again on another night or that I re-purpose somehow. This means that I usually only cook from scratch 3 or 4 times a week  (We usually eat out 1 – 2 times a week.)
1. Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken (2SP) with whole wheat couscous (1/2 cup – 3SP) and steamed green beans (0PP) drizzled with Lemon Juice (0SP)
2. Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew (6SP) with Crusty Bread (2SP) and a Simple Green Salad (0SP) with Olive Oil (1 teaspoon – 1SP) and Vinegar (oSP)
3. Leftover Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken (3SPP) with whole wheat couscous (1/2c – 3SPP) and steamed green beans (0PP) drizzled with Lemon Juice (0SP)
4. Breakfast for Dinner: Scrambled Eggs (4SP) with Canadian Bacon (3 slices – 1SP), and Whole Wheat Toast (2SP)
5. Leftover Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew (6SP) with Crusty Bread (2SP) and a Simple Green Salad (0SP) with Olive Oil (1 teaspoon – 1SP) and Vinegar (oSP)
Snacks
I try to limit my snacks to one in the late afternoon which keeps me from being overly hungry when I’m getting dinner. To prevent snacking while I’m making dinner, I often chew gum. A former Cheez-Its junkie, I’ve pretty much given up on processed, packaged snack-y foods that I can never seem to get enough of once I begin. Weight Watchers calls them Trigger Foods, I call them EVIL and have expelled them from my house :-)
1. Fruit (Apple, Orange, or Pear) (0SP) with a String Cheese (2SP) OR nuts (1/4 cup – 4SP)
2. Celery (0PP) stuffed with 1 wedge Laughing Cow Garlic Herb cheese (1SP)
Dessert
With the new SmartPoints plan sweet treats are a lot more “expensive” than they were with Points Plus. I usually try to limit dessert to once or twice a week. I don’t keep many sweets around the house. You can’t eat what you don’t have :-) And I usually save my points plus for homemade sweet stuff, which is more work, but always tastes so much better. Through the years I’ve convinced myself not to waste my valuable points on ho-hum sweet treats. And with the most recent changes, I’m having fun exploring new fruit-focused desserts.
Double Chocolate Bran Muffins (9SP) –  Moist, rich and not too sweet, these make a perfect portion controlled sweet treat. I don’t like frosting so prefer them to cupcakes. They’re high in fiber and low in fat too. Individually wrap and store extras in the freezer for when a chocolate craving strikes. These have almost doubled since SmartPoints so when I make them this time, I will bake them in mini muffin tins instead and bake them for less time (about 12-15 minutes). That way each mini muffin will have just 3SP.
If you make one of our weight watchers recipes, we would love for you to take a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with PointsPlus section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!



Article Source: http://simple-nourished-living.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis