Merideth Story of Losing 100 pounds with Weight Watchers

NameMerideth
Age29
Height5’6″
Was254 lbs
Lost103 lbs*
Weight151 lbs

 The best advice I can give is to remember: The harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory. 
As a PR professional, Merideth had to represent her clients with style. But it wasn’t until she saw herself on TV that she decided she needed to make a change. She subscribed to Weight Watchers Online and got to Goal!


In 2008 I did PR for the City of Blue Springs, Missouri. We were getting tons of media attention, as American Idolwinner David Cook was from our town. I was overseeing the nationally televised homecoming event and doing lots of interviews. When I saw myself on a local news channel weighing 243 pounds I didn’t like what I saw. How could anyone take me seriously if I wasn’t serious about my own health? As a mother of four, I finally said “enough is enough,” and subscribed to Weight Watchers Online and began following the POINTS® Weight Loss System.
Why Online?
As a busy professional, I’m often at a computer. I liked that the Plan was with me whenever I needed it. The Weight Tracker and Food Trackers really keep me motivated and involved in the weight-loss process.
Being able to figure out the POINTS values of foods online was super helpful.
“‘Tween” times
A lot of changes had to be made to my habits. One of the biggest challenges was powering through what I call “‘tween” times, or the periods of time between meals. I’d become accustomed to snacking on foods that were anything but healthy. Now I’ve learned how to maximize my daily POINTS Target by choosing more Filling Foods at mealtimes and snacking on zero POINTS value foods like green vegetables throughout the day.
Getting started
I won’t lie, the first couple months were kind of tough. Workouts were painful and cutting my portion sizes wasn’t easy. But it was worth it when I got on the scale. I saw results immediately. The best advice I can give is to remember: The harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory. The dress sizes won’t drop drastically, but your body will soon recognize your persistence. It will respond in your favor.
Gradually I incorporated more workouts into my schedule and even started a work-based walking club called the Wednesday One O’Clock Walkers (or W.O.W.). We’d take 30 minutes from our lunch hour and walk around the community. This burns calories and also makes me accountable to the group.
About halfway through my weight-loss journey, I began to run again. I’d run track in high school and college, but after going through four pregnancies, the added weight kept me from it.
Buy your goal
When I first started my weight loss journey, I found a great pair of size 10 capri pants. Holding those slender trousers up to my size 22 frame, I knew the pants wouldn’t fit, but they were a great deal, so I bought them. When I brought them home, I hung them on a hanger right inside my closet door. I kept them there. I realized that by looking at those pants every day, I was keeping a visual of my weight loss goal in plain view.
The new Merideth
Today I can step in front of a camera without having anxiety about how I look. I can also run a 5K and fit into those size 10 capris —something I never thought I’d be able to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis