10 Tips for Weight Watchers Success



Here are some helpful tips to help you lose weight with Weight Watchers:
1. Keep a food journal. This is the biggest thing for me because I often “graze” throughout the day and it wasn’t until I started writing down everything that went in my mouth did I really realize how much I really was eating.

2. Water, Water, and more Water. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I do better when I have a reusable water bottle that I can carry around with me throughout the day.

3. Measure everything. Many people “eyeball” their food amounts and often each larger portion sizes as a result.

4. Use Smaller Plates. This tricks your brain into thinking you are eating more than you really are.

5. Exercise.  This will speed up your weight loss as well as helping you in so many other areas as well, like keeping your heart healthy.

6. Brush your teeth. Seriously, when I start feeling like I want to snack I will go brush my teeth. Maybe its a distraction or maybe its that we don’t usually want to eat right after brushing our teeth. Whatever the reason, it works.

7. Grocery shopping: Make a list before you go to the store and make sure you know the Points Plus values of the foods you are going to buy. Take your WW calculator with you so you can calculate points values if you find a new product that’s not on your list.

8. Make it a way of life. I have done Weight Watchers long enough now that I know the points plus values for the majority of the foods that I commonly eat. This makes things easier and it feels more like a normal lifestyle rather than a “diet”.

9. Weigh in once a week or less. Don’t become obsessed with the scales. My weight fluxuates from day to day and if I weighed in daily I would just get frustrated. I now only let myself weigh on Sundays. The rest of the week my scales go in my closet.

10. If you mess up and have a really bad day (like I did yesterday with the cupcake), forgive yourself, and get back on the right track. Don’t give up just because of one bad day, or even because of a bad week. You may have weeks where you don’t loose any weight. Don’t give up, keep working to reach your goal.


Good luck in your weight loss journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis